Our choir is perfect for 3rd-6th grade students who love to sing!
The Tonka District Children’s Choirs serve children who love to sing across third, fourth, fifth, and sixth grade from all of the elementary and middle schools in the Minnetonka School District.
Our ensembles (which are open to students at any of our District elementary schools):
- Third Grade Choir: Includes third grade boys and girls from each of the six elementary schools in the Minnetonka School District. There are two separate choirs with different locations and times to accommodate family schedules and locations around the district. No audition is required. Third Grade choir is a chance for every singer to experience what it's like to be in a choir!
- Tonka District Select Choir: Includes students in fourth, fifth and sixth grade from all of the elementary and middle schools in the Minnetonka School District. This is an auditioned group with a higher level of performance and rehearsal expectations. This group will cater to the dedicated and experienced young singer. You must audition to be a part of this group.
- Tonka District Core Choir: Includes students in fourth,fifth, and sixth grade from all of the elementary and middle schools in the Minnetonka School District. Singers in this choir will develop singing and performing skills using choral music and individual instruction. The goals will be improved technique and a musically satisfying concert while creating a space where all voices are celebrated. No audition is required to participate in this choir.
What We Do
- Sing fun songs
- Make new friends
- Learn how to become better singers
- Sing the National Anthem at sporting events
- Sing in a winter and spring concert
- The Elementary School Choir Tour (you get to miss a day of school to sing with your friends)
- Fun choir parties (winter sledding party and roller-skating party)
What students like best about being in choir
- Making new friends, singing great songs, and having awesome choir directors
- Touring the schools
- Learning new cool songs
- Having fun
- Improving their singing voice
- Performing for lots of people