Расширенное размещение (Advanced Placement, AP)
AP students please review the recent updates from the College Board.
- Advanced Placement exams will take place online May 11-22.
- Make-up exams will be available for each subject from June 1-5; late requests must go through Laura Herbst.
- Students can take exams at home or in school (if it reopens in time).
- AP exams will be 45 minutes in length.
- Click here for more details on exam dates, times and exam content.
- Click here for more details regarding what to expect on exam day.
- AP teachers will continue to provide support and updates to AP students.
- Students with approved CollegeBoard accommodations will be able to use them for AP exams and they will be embedded in the exam itself. CollegeBoard will provide further details and guidance as we near exams.
- Please see the MHS AP Exams One-Stop-Shop for further details and information.
We will continue to share news regarding assessments as we receive updates.
If you have specific questions, please reach out to Ms. Herbst at Laura.firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Advanced Placement (AP)
You're ready! Make the most of your high school experience and earn college credits with our Advanced Placement (AP) program at Minnetonka High School (MHS). Our AP teachers are passionate about their courses and eager to support students undertaking this college-level work. Their dedication benefits our students. In fact, 84 percent of our 2019 graduates took at least one AP or International Baccalaureate (IB) course during high school and 83 percent of AP students scored a 3 or higher on their AP exams (the minimum score needed for college credit consideration).
We offer 29 AP courses in English, world languages, social sciences, history, sciences, mathematics, computer science and the arts. MHS also offers a variety of AP courses through Tonka Online.
Depending on your AP exam scores and college credit policies, you may earn college credit or advanced standing at most of the nation's colleges and universities.
Исследования ясны: когда вы посещаете курсы колледжа в средней школе, вы скорее всего закончите обучение в колледже. Независимо от того, получили вы кредит или нет, наши выпускники говорят нам, что курсы AP лучше подготовили их к строгости, навыкам письма и обучения, необходимым для будущего успеха.