The Minnetonka School District Spinnaker Award is presented annually to individuals or groups who exemplify volunteerism, community and serving the greater good. Like the spinnaker on a sailboat, the groups or individuals recognized with this award are out in front, full-sail, leading us toward the fulfillment of our dreams. These individuals are powered by the winds of passion, hope, confidence, and inspiration. Honorees may be individual volunteers, financial contributors, volunteer project or event groups, business partners.
Recipients are selected by the District Recognition Committee and shall be notified in late April. Up to ten awards may be presented each year at the gala event to be held in May.
- Mike Max- volunteer
- Veda Pai-Panandiker- volunteer
- Wayne Peterson- volunteer
- Cathy Rude- volunteer
- Amy Vohs- volunteer
- Engaged in service that significantly impacts a student, groups of students, school or the district over time.
- Displays personal and professional integrity.
- Creates a positive, supportive, and respectful atmosphere in which others are excited to be involved.
- Demonstrates a commitment to supporting our schools and community involvement.
- Any Minnetonka staff member, administrator, student, parent, community member or alumnus may make the nomination. Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Nomination shall include the nominator’s name, address and phone number; nominee’s name, address, phone number, approximate dates of service, and at least one letter of support.
Nominations for the 2022 Celebration of Excellence are closed.